Sunday, November 29, 2009

Update!


Ah yes. Thundercats. Our final assignment. To redesign any 5 characters from Thundercats, with Lion-o being a must. The other 4 that I've chosen is Cheetara, Panthro, Wilykat and Wilykit.

I have put the Thundercats in a new environment and have adjusted their clothing as such because we all know that nothing screams gay like bulky men in leotards.

So their new environment is this. The Thundercats have escaped from Thundera minutes before it exploded only to land on earth during World War II. They have also happened to land in Germany. Beings aliens, they have no clue as to what was going on earth and have found refuge where they could and that meant joining the Nazis. As you can see, I have kept elements of the Nazi uniforms which include the black straps and the armbands. If you look closely at Lion-o's collar and shoulder I have actually given him a ranking in the Nazi army.

Note that I have made the ties and ribbons the colour of their previous costumes, except for panthro, because his skin is already blue, and he has a blue vest on.

Forgive me if they look stacked, because I did stack them ontop of each other without flattening the separate images, and I had to do so because we were required to print it out on an A3 piece of paper for our presentation.

5 comments:

  1. Get a wider audience lah. A word about the 'Thundercats' The name is copyrighted. How about a new name like eg 'Thundermeow" Should be gay enuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -cracks up laughing- Thundermeow is really, REALLY gay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha.. Dude, this is sorta like a cute work compared to the other assignments that you have worked on. Haha... But nonetheless it looks colourful.. Hehe.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude. It's ThunderMeow. I can't change it that much. XD it's colourful mainly because the original characters are pretty colourful themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, back to work.

    Out of the five, I would have to say I prefer the girl in the pink dress whose name escapes me at the moment. (And yes, I just realized that I preferred the only one that has one eye hidden).

    Well, the first thing I noticed (overall) is that the characters seem a bit... er... how do I put this? The direction they are looking at doesn't match well with the direction their bodies are facing which doesn't match well with the way the feet are placed. Somehow, something is missing in the directional... part. It's as if the body parts are cut off and put together from random angles.

    Oh, and I'm not too sure, but is that a dagger? It looks rather... odd looking, for a dagger, like a short saber.

    Other than the directional thingy, another thing that I noted is that... the fingers are somewhat lacking. It's as if there are some fingers that are too long, and some too short.

    I can't really say much about the design except that it's not gay enough. >_> I know nuts about what Nazis wear so yeah. Something called ThunderMeow should have a bit of tight-fitting clothes SOMEwhere.

    Sorry for the lackluster comment. I really, really don't know what else to pu-... Oh wait.

    I don't know if the 'order' from way back still stands, but I'm going to comment on the face.

    You seem proficient in drawing female faces, so I'll skip that and focus on the male. First and foremost... they all look like apes. The adult males, I mean. No, really. The flat nose, the long cheeks, the flat, large mouth, they really do look like apes, I mean no offense. As for the kis, he's okay, as in, he doesn't look like an ape, but he does resemble a bit of a monkey (I blame the eyes, they are too big). Then again... looking at the original pictures... I guess they do look like apes instead of felines...

    And that, should end my commentary.

    Jace out!

    P/S: Thunder. Thunder. ThunderMeows! ROOOOOOAR!

    ReplyDelete