Thursday, November 19, 2009


My final presentation is over, all work have been submitted, and holidays are here. Which also means, it's about time I stopped delaying posting my work up online.

I will post the work up one by one, just so I can pull in visitors. Hahahahaha.

This is one of my very first assignments for Concept Art. She's supposed to be my 'superhero' , except she came out more of a villain than anything. I think it's rather obvious what her superpowers are... If it isn't..... Well, just ask. We were told to do three colour variations for our superhero so these are my three. The final one would be the blue one.

As I've mentioned, I'll be publishing my work up one by one. And this is the first. And erm... No comments about the face please, I'm quite aware of my face drawing limitations and I AM working on it. So... Yeah.


1 comment:

  1. I don't think I need to, since I've already commented during our IM session, but...

    Oh alright, I'll comment.

    Since you clearly told me not to, I shall refrain from speaking about the face, therefore I shall not point out that the bottom lip is slightly too big and that the eye looks a bit out of proportion. No, I'll go on to the colours.

    Personally, I've never felt that red and blue should go together (Superman notwithstanding). So you could say that I am bias in my choice. My favourite is the third one, the green/white/black. Simply because I love the colour combination. Perhaps you could use red/white/black? Just like the green one except substitute the green with red? I think the end result would look much better.

    As for the main character, the hair could be a bit livelier, per say. It looks stiff, yet windswept, which is... sort of contradictory, but overall rather nice, I like the way it falls forward to hide half the face (and the other eye). The ankh is a nice touch, the skull though... looks a bit too small, perhaps a child's? It surely doesn't look like an adult's... or is it even human?

    All in all, it is a rather nice piece of art... And now, I'm off to sow more comments across your blog.

    -Jace, the Procrastinator

    P/S: I want those boots.

    ReplyDelete